So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.
Rule 1- Always post the rules
Rule 2- Answer the questions the person who tagged you asked and write
11 new ones
Rule 3- Tag 11 people and link them to the post
Rule 4- Actually tell them you tagged them
I was tagged by the lovely tamat9 <3 but I’m not going to tag anyone in this. If you’re interested then please feel free to do this, It would make my day if you did!
1. If you could travel freely in time and space where would you go?
18 year old me just screamed, “Say 1848, Gower Street, London!”. But actually I think that if the opportunity to travel freely in space and time presented itself, curiosity would get the better of me and I would have to skip ahead to the future.
2. Favourite art movement and reason
Ack. Look, regardless of what anyone might think of me for admitting this, I have to say the Pre-Raphaelites. The first piece of art I ever fell in love with, was ever moved by, was the Holman Hunt painting Isabella and the Pot of Basil.
3. What would be your dream job?
My dream job would be to make big bucks selling cakes and also to be some sort of celebrity interviewer extraordinaire, I’d be sipping cocktails out of teacups in Soho with Sam Claflin and Hayley Atwell and Tom Hardy and OMG. Sorry, my biggest priority in life is meeting as many famous people as possible, so.
4. What are you most afraid of admitting to people?
I think that I’m autistic because of all the misconceptions about it.
5. Biggest wish.
Not allowed to just list every famous person I want to meet irl am I? Um okay, to help other girls and women with autism. Help them to what? To do whatever the fuck they want to do.
6. Which date is your birthday?
April Fool’s Day, srsly.
7. Favourite artist (of any kind).
Trent Reznor. He’s a genius, granted his lyrics aren’t exactly transcendental but he is a musical genius and he will always be a source of great inspiration for me.
8. What’s a personality trait you can’t stand?
Um, I generally find people very difficult to read/understand irl. Often I sense that things have gone wrong in a conversation and I usually don’t know why and then I panic. I have the most trouble with people who are sarcastic and dismissive.
9. What would you want to do on a rainy day?
Walk around in it, I love the rain.
10. What is the one work or thing you wish had a fandom on tumblr that doesn’t?
I have a habit of falling in love with characters from fairly terrible films or soaps and of course no fandom exists for them, why would it? But it sucks because bad things happen to good characters and that means that sometimes they get stuck in the wrong universe.
Amanda Young from the Saw franchise, for example, is one of my favourite characters of all time. I love her. Really love her. I’ve collected poetry for her (Tell me about the dream where we pull the bodies out of the lake and dress them in warm clothes again) and cried over her but she’s from the Saw films, so.
And then it fucking happened AGAIN. I went to see The Purge: Anarchy and then went to see it two more times (oops) for Sergeant Leo Barnes. Like yes, he will smile down the barrel of your gun because you will remember his fucking face and he could take out six guys and look good doing it but then he’ll take your hand and place it over his heart and you didn’t think a man like him could ever and yet. i had thought i could believe in anything. / but i have imagined stars so cold / they might as well be ash.
But you know, he’s trapped in the sequel to a Hollywood horror film so I’ll just have to sit over here and watch him fade to black.
That wasn’t one thing, was it? I guess it’s one category, kinda. Um…
11. What’s something you love the smell of?
Bonfires, spice, the smell in the air just before autumn becomes winter.
1. If you could make one fictional character real, who would you choose?
2. If you could move to a fictional universe, would you? And if yes, where would you go?
3. What was your favourite film as a child?
4. What is the one work or thing you wish had a fandom on tumblr that doesn’t?
5. How do you pass the time on long journeys?
6. What is your favourite trope?
7. If you could get rid of one of your basic human needs, which would it be and why?
8. What is your favourite line from your favourite book/film/tv show?
9. Is there anything you should be doing right now, you know, instead of this?
10. What is your favourite time of year?
11. Who was the first character/celebrity/artist to like completely ruin your life?
my punishment is i m m i n e n t (insp)
Did anyone else recognize Orlando Bloom as one of the street lads trying to get to Oscar Wilde in Wilde (1997)???
NO I DID NOT!!!!!
Damien Hirst - Butterflies and gloss on canvas
1. It’s Great to Be Alive (2002)
2. Rapture (2003)
3. It’s a Wonderful World (2001)
4. Fantasia (2006)
5. Doorways to the Kingdom of Heaven (2007)
6. Sympathy in White Major – Absolution II (2006)
Hey, whatever you need me to do, I’m your man.